I know this activity from Aaron Carlson, a friend of mine.
Use these questions to print up conversation cards.
(1) When is the last time you had to pick someone up? Where were you going, and what were you going to do there?
(2) What is the last course you signed up for? Why did you choose this course and what was it for?
(3) Do you show up for class on time? If not, why not? How late do you show up for parties?
(4) What is the first thing that you take off when you get home in the evening?
(5) What thing do you turn off most often? How often do you turn it off?
(6) What piece of clothing do you take off most often and why?
(7) How often do you get on a bus during the course of a day?
(8) What area of the English language do you have to work on most? Are you working on any other skills or projects?
(9) How often do you pick up the phone during the course of a week?
(10) Have you ever had to help a friend after he/she has thrown up? Where and why?
(11) Who is somebody you haven’t kept in touch with recently and would like to have a talk with?
(12) Have you ever passed out before? Where, when and why?
(13) Which day do you look forward to most? Why? What holidays do you look forward to?
(14) What qualities do you look for in a man/woman?
(15) Who have you bumped into anyone recently? Where? Why was it unexpected?
(16) In the autumn in Russia, what is something that people often stock up on for the winter?
(17) What is something that you are sick of? Why?
(18) What are some problems that you have to deal with at work/school?
(19) If you could do something over in your life, what would that be?
(20) On what occasions might you have to dress up? What would you wear?
(21) Have you ever been caught cheating on a test? When and what happened?
(22) What are some simple rules that you stick to in life that guide you through the daily difficulties in your day to day existence?
(23) Have you ever set up an important event? What did you have to do? Have you ever set up a tent when you were camping? Describe when and where.
(24) When was the last time someone asked you out? Or when was the last time you asked someone out? What did you do together?
(25) When was the last time you were in a car and it broke down? What happened?
(26) What areas of the English language do you feel as though you have to go over more? Why?
(27) When was the last time you worked out? What did you do? Do you work out at home or at the gym?
(28) What are some words and grammatical points that are easy to mix up in English?
(29) When was the last time you expected something to happen and you were let down? Do people sometimes let you down? When? Who?
(30) Do you prefer to eat in or eat out? Why?
(31) Do you have a crush on someone? Does this happen often?
(32) Have you ever been beaten up? Who did it, why and when?
(33) What is something in your country that people are absolutely fed up with?
(34) Have you ever been in a car when an animal was run over? What did you do?
(35) What do you usually have on for a wedding? During the school? Work week?
(36) Who is someone that you really want to get in touch with? Why?
(37) What is the best way to bring up children? Why do you think so?
(38) In your opinion, where would be the best place (city, country) to settle down in?
(39) What kinds of people are difficult to deal with?
(40) When was the last time you dressed up? What did you wear and why?
(41) If you have a problem, who do you go to, to try and work it out?
(42) What is something that you are really good at? How long have you been good at it?
(43) When do you wake up during week days and on weekends?
(44) What is something that you wish someone you live with would get rid of?
(45) When have you had to do something over because you did not do it right the first time?
Thanks a lot. Very useful materials.